Old February 25th 04, 12:16 AM

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:03:58 -0500, "Dennis O'Connor"
wrote:

No tags on the belts in Fat Albert, and he was used by many a pilot to take
his multi/ifr/cfi check ride over a 40 year period... Apparently the
inspectors never blinked...
denny

The reference here is to what? That since it hasn't been "caught" is
must be OK?

I once had to fly to Cleveland to rescue a CFI applicant that had
loose carpet in the pilot's footwell.

The inspector and I came to an agreement that the carpet wasn't
"required equipment", so I tore it out and threw in the trash can so
the prospective CFI could take his ride.

TC