Old August 4th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Greg Copeland[_1_]

Default FAA Rejects Farnsworth Lantern Test

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:39:54 -0700, Sylvain wrote:

Greg Copeland wrote:

"Important note: The FAA no longer accepts The Farnsworth Lantern D15."

the thing though is that the Farnsworth D15 is not a lantern test (there
is a Farnsworth lantern test -- favored by the British CAA -- but
that's different); the D15 is the thing where you line up colored
tokens in the 'right' order; pretty neat to determine

The really irritating thing here is, I know I can fly safe at night. I
know this because I did well with my CFI. I just may not be able to
safely fly under light gun, I really don't know; though I suspect I can
tell the difference. The green and white are the only colors with which I
have any trouble. At any rate, flying at night and flying under light gun
are two completley different things. I really don't understand why they
have to lump them together.

Greg