Old May 9th 05, 03:41 AM
Jim Carriere

Jay Honeck wrote:
Yesterday I noticed that we had pumped more than 5000 gallons of mogas
through the Mighty Grape. This represents something like 60 complete fills
(our plane has four gas tanks, totaling 84 gallons), and around 350 hours of
flight time over the last 2.5 years.

Awww, anecdotal evidence. Statistically speaking, you need a larger
sample size

But seriously, a good post, well documented.

'Couple questions-

Do you use the same spark plugs (and same heat range) as before going
to mogas?

Do you lean, and how lean? What kind of numbers do you usually see
in different regimes of flight (EGT, CHT)? Obviously detonation
hasn't been a problem for you, I'm curious how hot you can get away
with on that engine with regular auto fuel.

Thanks.

OK, 3 questions, if you save a buck a gallon on 5000 gallons, and but
$2500 to the next overhaul, the other $2500 must buy a lot of good
beer, right?