Old September 9th 05, 09:43 PM
Jim Burns

I don't see anywhere that Angel Flight is going to reimburse any pilot for
anything. They are asking for money to buy fuel. Will they donate that
fuel to the pilots that require it to complete Angel Flight missions? or
will they charge? If they donate the fuel for a flight, is the pilot's
operating expense for that flight simply reduced because he doesn't have to
purchase fuel? And because his normal expenses were reduced by an outside
source (not the passenger) could that normal cost reduction be construed as
recieveing compensation? I would assume that if the fuel is donated to the
pilot, then the pilot would have to reduce his charitable contribution
amount to cover only non fuel expenses for that specific flight.

Jim