Old April 28th 04, 07:41 PM
Ramy Yanetz

"tango4" wrote in message ...
I don't see the benefit of any anti collision systems where two pilots
already know that the other is nearby and #still# collide!

Ian

These devices should be capable to tell you if you are in a collision
course, not just warn you of a nearby aircraft. Earlier someone posted
a link to a new device which also calculate collision course while
thermaling! If you thermal too close to someone else it should warn
you. This is what we need. How many more midairs do we need to
acknowledege this is a real problem and not just a rare thing like
some still claim?

Ramy