Old April 8th 04, 04:41 AM
G.R. Patterson III

JJS wrote:

Blush... Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I wouldn't have a
clue how to begin to get published.

1. Print the article out nicely in its entirety.
2. Select a set of magazines in which you'd like it to appear.
3. Type up a nice cover letter asking telling them you thought they might be
interested in publishing this and why. Keep it on your computer so you can
change the magazine name and address. Don't mention payment in any way. In
particular, don't tell them it's free.
4. Send the article with the cover letter to the editor of the first magazine
on your list.
5. Wait 6 weeks for a letter from them.
6. Repeat as necessary, going down through the list.

If you run out of names, make up another list. Try the non-aviation mags first.
Speaking for myself, I hope you can sell this to one of those instead of preaching to
the choir.

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".