Old December 28th 04, 05:14 PM
Frank Stutzman

Juan Jimenez wrote:

The primary difference between the 530 and the 480 (other than cost) is that
the 480 allows you to fly precision GPS/WAAS approaches. The 430/530, as far
as I know, is only certified for IFR enroute navigation using GPS. If you
have a need for what the 480 can do then buy it, but if you don't, then the
430 or 530 would save you plenty of money (last I heard the 480's were
priced at something like $11,000 without installation...)

Wuf. Maybe what you said isn't what you ment, Jaun.

The 430/530 are certainly certified for approaches. Now they are not WAAS
capable yet, but is supposed to get it sometime in the next calendar year
(don't bet on it though, Garmin is as bad as Microsoft when it comes to
vaporware).

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"