Old May 15th 04, 02:48 AM
B2431

From: "George Z. Bush" am

"John Keeney" wrote in message

"Michael P. Reed" wrote in message
"a. (U) Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on
detainees;

Are you arguing that a U.S. soldier, specifically an MP, would not

neccessarily
know that the above were illegal?

What the heck would be "illegal" about that?

Without beng a lawyer, my guess is that phosphoric liquid is a form of
phosphoric acid, and to pour acid on a human being might be considered some
form
of assault or mayhem under the UCMJ, the Geneva Conventions notwithstanding.

George Z.

When light sticks first came out I used to open them and pour it over my hands
and tell people we were in special ops experimenting with nuclear weapons. The
stuff is harmless. We also used to pour it on the ramp to mark parking areas.

The only dangerous part is the broken glass.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired