Old January 14th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
larry

Default 24 Volt starter for Chevy V8

I am entertaining the idea of using an LS3 series Chevy V8 on my
Seawind
project. I would prefer a 24 volt system-battery and starter because
it's a
20 ft. run one way from the battery to the engine. Also I've already
purchased fuel gages/probes and lighting/strobes for 24 volt. Does
anyone
know if there's a 24 volt starter available and ready to bolt on for
this
type of engine? A manufacturer and possibly supplier would be
appreciated.
I know I would need a 24 to12 volt converter to run the electronic
ignition
system and they're easy to find. I'm still a little undecided on what
type
of engine I want, but I need to make up my mind soon.

Larry