Old March 27th 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

Default Grease recommendation

On Mar 27, 1:08*am, Whiskey Delta wrote:
On Mar 26, 3:53*pm, Herb wrote:

And the winner is...
BrianDG303 with his SuperLube!!! *No kidding, only after I put that
stuff on the main pins of a brand-new ASG-29 did we get the glider
together with hardly any bleep-words. *You can use it very sparingly
and it stays on the surfaces for many weeks. *Clear synthetic grease
that reduces friction to close to Zero.
Herb

Which version are you using? *Super LubeŽ High Temperature Extreme
Pressure Grease, *Synthetic Multi-Purpose Grease, Silicone Lubricating
Grease with SyncolonŽ (PTFE), etc?http://www.super-lube.com/products-mn-18.htm

WD

I use the Super Lube Synthetic Multi-Purpose Grease in a tube. As
stated by others, a little goes a long way. A small tube has been
with me for the life of the LS8 (10 years), and I've barely made a
dent in it. Since we fly throughout the year, I've had a chance to
try it at a range of say -10c up to probably 35c, and it works well
throughout that range. I also have a can of the their multi-
purpose aerosol which is great for all sorts of stuff on the trailer.
It's a dry film lubricant, so it doesn't gum up the works like
"regular" grease. For example, I use it on the tracks where the ramp
slides in and out of the trailer.

P3