Old March 8th 04, 11:03 PM
Alan Minyard

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:50:14 -0500, Stephen Harding wrote:

Russian *White* helicopters, the analog to our ubiquitous,
yet never confirmed "black helicopters"?

A couple days ago the news mentioned Russians rescuing some
Russian (??) scientists at an Antarctic station. I think
the ice had broken loose from the continent.

Some video of the rescue showed the helicopters to be white
in color! I thought to myself that this is a rather
unusual color scheme for arctic work, where orange is more
typically applied.

Knowing the Russian penchant for secrecy and varying degrees
of paranoia, is this an actual official color scheme for an
arctic based chopper, or one dragged up for other purposes
being locally used?

Perhaps white helicopters from the former Nazi secret Antarctic
submarine base??!!!

SMH

I recently saw a photograph of some abandoned helos at Chernobyl
and they were white also. They did not appear to be "cocooned", as
numerous other vehicles in the shot are of different colors.

FW IW

Al Minyard