Old November 14th 05, 03:20 PM
Larry Dighera

Default Tomahawk/ Skipper

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:28:24 -0600, "Jim Macklin"
wrote in
kb1ef.1110$QW2.1065@dukeread08::

Beech Skipper Model 77 is a well constructed airplane with
Beech quality systems.

That probably means that maintenance costs are higher than the
Tomahawk.

Both could use about 25 more HP. When I win the
lottery I would buy a Skipper and put an IO-320 or 360
engine on the front with a CS prop.

Is this truly something that could be done safely? Would the wing
structure and airframe withstand the increased stresses of higher
speeds and increased weight? Is it possible to shoehorn an IO-360
into the original cowl? Could the W&B changes be overcome?

My opinion, Beech did it right, Piper did it quick.

Additionally, there is finite fatigue life limit specification of
11,000 hours on the Tomahawk wing. Those near the limit are sold at
bargain prices.

More he
http://groups.google.dk/group/rec.av...4d319b06a8 1d
http://groups.google.dk/group/rec.av...9e893f29db 9c