Old August 24th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.restoration
Mustanger

Default P-51 Mustang Restorers - Canopy

Hello,
My name is Norm and I'm heading up the restoration effort on a rare
P-51H Mustang at the Chanute Air Museum. We are trying to find a replacement
canopy for our Mustang with little success.
We are asking all Mustang restorers to look in their storerooms for that
canopy that looks right but doesn't fit a D or K model Mustang frame.
We are led to believe that the canopy we need also fits the P-82 Twin
Mustangs, although opinions vary on this.
If you, or anyone you know has such a canopy collecting dust in the back
room, please contact me via email through my web page at
http://home.insightbb.com/~p51h/index.htm

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Likewise, If you have any North American Aviation parts that have a part
number that begins with "117-" please let us know. We are interested in just
about any original P-51H parts we can find.

Thanks

Norm Meyers
aka Mustanger