Old August 16th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Bi-Ennual Flight Review (BFR) with ATC COMS - Video.

Bi-Ennual Flight Review (BFR) with ATC COMS - Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRO3BoBPRA

I was rather ambitious on what I wanted to review during this flight
of one being how to operate the King GPS for approaches.
Interestingly enough, that was the only thing I could not do since the
GPS was in-op in the plane.. So we did some air work in the practice
area and did one ILS approach.

Video includes outside the front, wing view, instrument view and
approach plate depiction on the instrument approach.

One hour flight time doesn't give much time to do everything I would
have like to have done (I am missing that privilege of ownership as
time was never a factor before) but do others do anything different
that maybe I should have done? Anything to improve what I did this
year?

CFI was great having me think about things out loud, giving tips plus
demo'd a hands off steep turn where we did two complete circles
without losing altitude. This was the CFI's first time ever doing a
BFR.

I'm probably one of a few that can honestly say they are current on
their "engine outs" landings so I didn't feel the need to work on
that.

COMMENTS MOST APPRECIATED from CFI's and pilots on this BFR here or on
the video.