Old June 23rd 04, 05:06 AM
Robert M. Gary

TTA Cherokee Driver wrote in message ...
But (at least in the state where I live) the seller of a car is required
by law to voluntarily disclose any accident damage exceeding 25% of the
vehicle's value. sounds like that people don't seem to think the same
standard applies to airplanes.

Also in this state, a seller of a building is rquired by law to
voluntarily disclose a whole laundry list of problems and potential
problems, BEFORE an offer can be tendered.

So in both of the above cases, if hte seller were selling a car or a
building, what he did would be either illegal, or very questionable in
legality.

Oh, if only we could have more laws and regulations, we would never
have to be responsible for actually figuring out if something we buy
is good. Its good to know the gov't is willing to do all that for me.
I really, really hate it when I have to think. Just like I know its
safe to fly the J-3 into icing conditions because it doesn't say not
to. I know the gov't wouldn't let me hurt myself. In the mean time
I'll continue to let my 8 year old taxi the plane around by himself. I
know its safe, I checked the FARs.

-Robert