Old January 15th 10, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

Default Mystery of crashed glider in Arizona

On Jan 15, 9:23*am, ContestID67 wrote:
Yesterday, I received a CD from the FAA for N71JR. *Why did I order
this again? *Looking it up in the FAA database further confused me. *A
Cessna 421C? *Was this a possible tow plane? *Hmmmmm.

After reading the contents of the CD, my brain cells started to
fire. * The great wrecked Jordon Reid RGS-1 glider mystery!!

The tail number was registered on March 10, 1975. *It was de-
registered by the estate of Jordon Reid by Frank Whiting (I think -
its handwritten) on April 4, 1986 as "Totally destroyed or scrapped.
Not flyable."

So for all those that are still interested in the details of this
glider, the contents of the CD can be found at the following URL.
There is a great handwritten note by Jordon Reid in the Airworthiness
file asking for a tail number assignment. *Seehttp://derosaweb.net/aviation/N71JR/
for the files.

If you don't have a CD of the information on your glider, this is a
great $10 deal. *In my case I got details all the way back to the
initial German language documentation! *Order this athttp://162.58.35.241/e.gov/ND/airrecordsND.asp.

Enjoy, John DeRosa

Also if you are as "frugal" (read chaep) as me, you can get the FAA
records CD for free when you stop at the FAA pavillion during the
Oshkosh fly-in. Of course having to spend the $37 for admission is
going to cut into your savings a bit :-)

Pete