Old June 8th 04, 05:24 AM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, "Steven
P. McNicoll" confessed the following:

Simple. Liberalism is about controlling people and people that are
controlled by others are not free.

Examples of liberalism...(historical) giving women the right to vote,
Lincoln's emancipation of slaves, desegregation of schools, the end of
"separate but equal", (current) pro-choice (versus pro-life), gay
rights, greater environmental protection (against industrial
polluters), maintaining a separation of church and state (see
Alabama's judge Moore)...and not believing everything the government
says is true simply because gwb or Rumsfeld says it's so.

These are all good things in my book.

Feel free to give me as many examples (as you can) think of that
demonstrate liberalism "is about controlling people." This should be
fun.

I anticipate an illuminating discourse...or not.

Oh, somehow I doubt you're open to illumination.

sincerely...give it your best shot...feel free to use multi-syllabic
words and compound complex sentences.

Let the games begin!

Robey