Old November 16th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike Adams[_2_]

Default VOR Alpha into KMBO Approach with plate overlays and ATC COMS - Video

Mike Adams wrote:

I'm not sure, but I think in a practice approach environment, you're
not necessarily approved for the published missed. I think you have to
just go with their instructions in that case.

I confirmed my understanding. From AIM section 4-3-21 e:

e. VFR aircraft practicing instrument approaches are not automatically authorized to execute the missed
approach procedure. This authorization must be specifically requested by the pilot and approved by the
controller. Separation will not be provided unless the missed approach has been approved by ATC.

Mike