Old March 19th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default OLC broken ?

On Mar 18, 11:32 am, "Kilo Charlie" wrote:
I have had the same problems. I've used a couple of different links and
can't seem to get it working. Also tried to upload a couple of flights
without success in the past month.

Works fine for me....

I do notice that for today, there are quite a few flights with failed
validation. Not sure if they are waiting to be validated or if there
is some problem with upload.

Anyhow, IMO, the new OLC is looking better and better each week I
check. Remember, this is free software, so we get what we pay for it
(yes, I know there are NACs and advertisers, but these cover hosting
costs, not labor). The developers can't afford to do big time
testing, so we get to "help" by documenting problems and sharing
workarounds until they're fixed.

I suggest that some of us volunteer to help the ones having troubles,
as for me "it just works" to upload a flight. Fortunately, the winter
WX here in Eastern CO has finally let up enough for the BFSS airport
to start drying out, but it's still a few weeks before the towplane is
ready due to the cold and snow making it hard for our mechanic to get
work done. So all you other USA clubs had better watch out - BFSS is
chomping at the bit!

So, if you can't upload your flight, and there is nobody local to help
you, feel free to email your IGC file to me and I'll upload it for
you.

I'll need your birthdate, name as you registered, club and glider type
(if not in the IGC file). Send it to tserkowski at my gmail address.

-Tom