Old April 24th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck

Default Sun N Fun '07 Redux

It is great to have "wheels", because there are plenty of restaurants within
a 10 minute drive of the grounds, and the wait times are nonexistent.

Yeah, we were lucky to have (occasional) wheels, too, thanks to our
buds at Flying Colors Glass. We ate off-site several times, and hit
the local Winn-Dixie grocery store once. But it sure would have been
nice if that danged camp store had been open more, mostly for ice and
beverages.

Later, we were in the Flying Magazine booth and someone asked if I was a
subscriber (not anymore - dropped the subscription recently) and would I
care to resubscribe. I told him "No thanks, the magazine's focus has moved
way, way upscale. Today's content is all jets and $100,000 instrument
panels"

They tried to get me to extend, to which I replied that I was already
receiving TWO subscriptions, thanks to the LAST time I "extended" my
subscription at their tent at OSH. That's right, instead of extending
your current subscription, they will start another one, just to pad
their numbers.

And woe to anyone who actually tries to call "Flying" mag's
circulation department to get the situation corrected! It's been
totally farmed out to the same bozos that are selling subs at SNF and
OSH, and they rarely answer.

Completing a nice 4 day vacation, there was a 10 or 15 knot tailwind for my
trip home in nice blue skies (other than the smoke in South Georgia).

We saw a bit of those fires on our way through. Up at 8500 feet it
didn't matter, but it sure looked hazy down lower...

Great show! I wish I never had to leave...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA