Old February 21st 04, 09:49 PM
George Z. Bush

John Kunkel wrote:
"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

"Pete" wrote in message

"ArtKramr" wrote

Colin Powell was once outraged by elites who "wrangle slots in Reserve and
Guard units." Now he defends George Bush, who wrangled himself into a
Guard unit.
By John Greeley

Powell should be outraged at people who "wrangle" Guard slots to avoid
other duty to which they have been called. What evidence is there that Bush
"wrangled" (used undue influence) his Guard slot? Many people joined the
Guard/Reserve during that period without "wrangling".

There was a waiting list for those slots at that time, and his application
found its way to the top of the pile in no time flat and clearly out of
turn.

Sons of decorated pilots always get that treatment.

I'd be willing to bet that there were scores of applicants in that pile of about
700 as I recall whose daddies were decorated WWII or Korean War vets.
Congressmen, senators or governors would be another kettle of fish.

Kinda meets the "well-placed" definition doesn't it?