Old May 9th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default new twin concept from Cirrus

John S. wrote:

I don't see any economic advantage to adding a twin to their product

line. Their singles already offer "twin-like" speeds without the
expense
of the second engine and systems. I don't see any evidence that there
is
demand for a new piston twin.

All good points and tough to argue. It was more of a "what if"
excercise. I'm sure if there was a good business case for a twin
Klapmier would be all over it.

The development and certification costs alone would require that the selling price be in the VLJ range.

Not so sure about that, though. Diamond's DA42 Twinstar lists for under
500k.