Old July 12th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Default Norway fjords flying

1. Any recommendations on who to rent a plane from?
2. Any recommendations on specific routes?
3. How much do I need to read up on flying in Europe, having only
flown in the US?
4. Is my FAA license ok, or do I need a Euro one?

I will try to get in touch with the one Norwegian pilot I know and ask
him to contact you by mail. I'm afraid European harmonization is not as
advanced as would make sense, so rules specific to Norway apply to your
license.

Stefan is of course correct that flying in the mountaineous (sp?)
terrain of the fjords is not without perils, but - as you understood
without any problem - I was looking for more specific questions from
you, and promptly got them ;-)

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)