Old May 18th 05, 02:33 AM
John Clonts

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
. com...
john smith wrote:
Are those gear-up or gear-down speeds?
(Gear down speeds are slower than gear up speeds)

Vle and Vlo are both 140 KIAS on the C-210. With gear down and with 10° of flap, best angle is 72 knots;
best rate 80 knots. Retract the gear once obstacles are cleared, then the flaps after you accelerate through
80 knots. Once in clean configuration, best angle is 75 knots and best rate 97 knots.

My manual agrees on the best angle 72 (at MGW, 3800 lbs) as listed in the Takeoff Distance table; and agrees
with the clean 97 knots best rate in the Rate of Climb table. But I don't see any specific reference for best
rate dirty of 80 or best angle clean of 75. Does your manual specify that? Or are you just citing your
experience and practices?
--
Cheers,
John Clonts