Old June 7th 20, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Default How to Create a CUB Airspace File for your LX Computer

Sorry again, just two more things. I don't seem to be able to keep my mouth shut about this subject.

John Leibacher helped with testing of the code on my website that does the CUB format files, and I have shared the code with him. I believe that moving forward he will be using it to produce CUB format airspace files for contests directly on the Soaring Turnpoint Exchange, so no conversion will be needed.

I do recommend caution in using contest airspace files a year or two after the event for which they were produced. They can and do get stale, and outdated information in them can be seriously inaccurate. If you aren't actually preparing to participate in a contest event, it is better to get a current file from SoaringData.info.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"