Old August 12th 05, 02:28 AM
N93332

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"N93332" wrote in message
Take the inspector/mechanic on the 1st 'test' flight. (S)he shouldn't
hesitate even at the offer...

Now, if that mechanic refuses to ride in the airplane even with a pilot of
their choosing, that's definitely a warning sign.

The 2 different mechanics that I have taken my plane for annuals are both
pilots. The 1st annual (pre-purchase inspection) mechanic was also a CFI and
gave me the checkout in the plane for insurance purposes after the
inspection. When I take my plane in for annual, I give him permission to
'test fly' it when he's done; he usually does...

-Greg B.