Old October 11th 05, 03:21 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Daniel Roesen" wrote in message

Let's say I've been vectored on heading 090 at 4000ft, 5NM from LLZ
rwy 18. This track is not part of a published IAF-to-FAF track. Published
GS intercept altitude is 3000ft. ATC instructs "turn right heading 150,
cleared ILS 18". My interpretation of your quote would be that I'm _not_
allowed to start descending to 3000ft while I'm turning to 150 but would
have to stay on 4000ft until LLZ capture, and then descend (either with
the glide, or to 3000ft in order to wait there for GS capture) - or
declare unable if the GS is already below me at LLZ capture. Is that
correct?

Where's LLZ? Sounds like the heading will intercept inside the LOM.