Old April 22nd 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military

Default holy ****. 84 year old Scott Crossfield died in his plane's crash.i dunno if that's the right stuff.... but MAN that's some glorious ****.

wrote:
Although I don't believe he would not have purposely packed it in by flying
into a storm, I can't help thinking that he would be glad to have bought the
farm, while doing what he loved, what his life was all about; flying.

I've been thinking the same thing.

Does anyone know the particulars of this crash? Did his 210 come apart
in the storm, or (as was implied elsewhere) did he crash into terrain
while under control?
--

One news report said there were three debris fields. I know how I read
that.

Margy
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA