Old December 13th 03, 05:33 PM
bumper

"Steve B" wrote in message
om...
So I am not alone with the problem... sounds like a good way to
justify the upgrade to the B display.

This glider spent time in Tennesse but more recently in Wyoming. I was
curious if the problem was the display or the connections... it seems
that some channels are missing information. I would have guessed that
humidity would have caused a contact problem if at some point in the
construction there is a connector.

Thanks

Many LCD displays use a rubber strip thingy with embedded conductors to
connect between the thinly plated glass and circuit board. There is usually
some sort of clamping device, screws, metal or plastic clip, that holds the
sandwich together. If elements of the LCD display are missing or faded, the
fix may be to disassemble, clean all four contact surfaces with Q-tip and
alcohol or other suitable cleaner,. Make sure no lint or contaminants
remain, then reassemble and hope.
--
bumper ZZ (reverse all after @)
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."