Old May 7th 05, 03:35 PM
nrp

So if a warm prop governor doesn't work, what can happen? It will
either control or it won't. The airplane should fly if it turns up
either way. Why do multiple still-warm runnups unless you are just
trying to make the neighbors mad? or blow crap at everyone else's
airplane at the pad? or maybe just to sweep the pad?

On a second flight I just look for a dead mag on the taxi out, assuming
no other concerns. I do check car heat control feel-only if it is
dry, but fully check function if there is reason to suspect carb icing.

One I've never hear others say - I check the belly for oil before every
flight.