Old March 13th 10, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mark Hansen[_2_]

Default KJZI (Charleston Executive, S.C.) ILS RWY 9 DME Required

On 3/12/2010 5:32 PM, wrote:
On Mar 12, 7:22 pm, Mark Hansen wrote:
On 3/12/2010 4:49 PM, wrote:

I don't intend to start descending below MDA before MAP now just
because YOU and others say FARS says it's perfectly ok.. See my
response to Sam.

You don't *have* to descend before reaching MAP. Your statement that
it was not allowed was wrong.

My exact words "I was told" I never said it was not allowed. Could
you please point me to where I said it wasn't allowed? Big difference
and I will be the first to apologize if I said it wasn't allowed..

Sure, how about this one:

DME determines when you can go below MDA which would be at MAP not 3
minutes 12 seconds.

However, as long as you realize that it's your choice and not a requirement,
then we're in agreement.

Best Regards,