Old April 5th 14, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Inreach best way to mount?

On Friday, April 4, 2014 6:00:00 PM UTC-7, vontresc wrote:
joesimmers wrote:

Just got an inreach and trying to figure out a decent
way to mount it on my parachute strap.

Always had my spot duct taped to a safe area on my parachute
harness but that will not work with the inreach

I prefer to have inreach and plb both connected to the parachute,
but am not completely against securing the inreach to the glider
and keeping the plb on the chute
How are others mounting these?

I am using on of the SMAK packs that Allen Sver sells for my spot. Not that
expensive and a nice design.

Peter

SMAK Pack for me - fits the InReach perfectly and and it's designed by a professional parachute rigger so you can have confidence that it won't get in the way of an important part of your parachute at the wrong time. It also has a hook knife that's super easy to access. I've never been dragged by a parachute, but I don't think I'd enjoy the experience.

http://www.silverparachutes.com/smak-pak-survival-kits/

9B