Old April 29th 19, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Flarm with External display

But where do you stash the portable and how do you access it to turn it
on/off?Â* I assume you can control display range from whatever display
you're using.

When I first got a portable, I fashioned an aluminum plate the size of
the unit with an extension in the back center.Â* I used that extension to
fasten the whole contraption to the top center of the glare shield (the
Stemme has 4 screws holding the glare shield on and one of them is top
center front.Â* Later, when I decided to keep the unit, I drilled two
holes in the glare shield for mounting screws from below.

My ClearNav display provides the best pictorial information but the PF
display is still useful sometimes.

On 4/29/2019 12:19 AM, Ramy wrote:
Yes you can connect any external display to the portable the same way you would connect to the core.
We just did this in our club ship, connected a portable to LXNAV S8 (which is also a powerflarm display). The portable is acting as both GPS source and Flarm source.

Ramy

--
Dan, 5J