Old February 20th 04, 12:11 PM
Jay Masino

Michael C Finke wrote:
A simple question that I'm sure has been addressed in the past:
The wires on my old Pilot headset are broken at both plugs. Can I just
take this in to Radio Shack and expect them to sell me the correct plugs
so I can cut and reattach? or do I need to be looking for something
special? And if so, could somebody tell me what these features are?

You could probably find the Phones plug, but not the Mic plug. Best bet
is to go to one of the aviation supplier's web pages (like Aircraft
Spruce, Wag-Aerp or Chief) and order the plugs from them. You can find
information on how to wire them by going to Jim Weir's support page at:
http://www.rst-engr.com/rst/support.html and scrolling down to the PDF
application note called "Headphone and Microphone Connectors PDF"

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___