Old April 29th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Default LS3a Airbrake question

Recommend you take your LS-3 to a mechanic that understands
sailplanes. Probably not a good idea for unskilled hands to be
adjusting the spoiler caps or over-center stops. Copy the responses
you got, it may help with the adjustment process.
Cheers,
JJ

wrote:
Thanks for your answer, unfortunately I do not understand fully you:
"Then close and lock the spoiler. Now look at the closed
cap.............if it is sticking up anywhere, it did NOT pull down
the required 1mm (dime width). "
It would be nice to discuss it with you off-line, I have a drawing
about the airbrake mechanism from LS, I could send it you.