Old August 5th 03, 04:43 AM
Tony Roberts

Hi Jim,

Long story but some financial doldrums I've experienced for the past year
look to be coming to an end.

We're very pleased to hear it.

More importantly, soaring into the wild-ass yonder is again in my future.

I've got a buddy who has the same model Cherokee 180 I once owned. We've
been going up every now and then and sharing wet costs. He's offered to put
me on his insurance as long as I'll pay the difference between what he and
his brother are paying now and whatever it will be when I am named on the
policy.

So what is that cost difference likely to be?

We did this in Canada and they didn't charge any more - it depends upon
the experience of the person being added, relative to the ones already
holding insurance.

Taking into account that I will be selflessly devoting time to keeping his
bird well-oiled and used to flying,

Oh right - that's worth a lot

what's a fair price to pay him per Hobbs
hour?

Considering annual, maintenance, engine rebuild, airport costs etc. etc. I
think that if you get it for $30.00 dry you will be doing very well.

Glad to hear that you are back in the air again

--
Tony Roberts (tonyroberts@ remove shaw.ca)
PP-ASEL