Old July 16th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Good for two more years...

"BT" wrote in
:

I had my BFR, IR, and CFI all come up next month. Luckily last week
the fires were so bad the airport was IFR for a couple of days so I
was able to get the IR current by myself. Now I just have to finish
up my FIRC and then I'll do the BFR. Technically I only need the
flight time for the BFR (the CFI counts as the ground) but I don't
mind doing both if the CFI asks. I wonder if I'll have to use IACRA
to renew the CFI or if I can still walk in the 8710.

Um, are you doing a flight chekc for the CFI of just the written?

Bertie

Bertie, what are you asking?

There is no written for the CFI renewal.. except for what ever
transpires during the FIRC, Flight Instructor Refresher Course, but it
is not an FAA Written exam.

Well, that's the one I meant, but yeah, of course. if you're doing that,
you're not flying. I just did a CFI renewal. Since it was lang expired, I
had to do a ride and that, of course, covered me for a BFR.

Because the FIRC counts and the "1 hr ground" portion of the BFR, all
he really needs to do is fly with a CFI for the 61.56 endorsement.

Mmm, OK. I'm very rusty on a lot of that stuf, and, in fact, a lot of the
details had changed since I used to instruct, so alot of my renewal
briefing was about endorsements and what not.

Bertie