Old March 18th 04, 09:23 PM
~Nins~

Ralph DuBose wrote:
|| What you must be referring to was something more like a sacrament
|| of friendship to restore a broken relationship. It was something the
|| church would referee between alienated friends, in my understanding.

I don't recall there ever having been such a sacrament. I don't doubt the
Church might have mediated in friendships on an informal level, but in no
way would such condone same-sex acts. "Homosexual persons are called to
chastity.........CCC2359". There are 7 sacraments: Baptism, Confirmation or
Chrismation, Eucharist, Penance, Anointing of the Sick, Holy Orders, and
Matrimony. Sacrament is formal, a mediation is informal, not a sacrament.

The other poster, the only thing I've run across on the net about same-sex
marriages prior to the 19th century was a generalized one not specific to
the Catholic Church. As a matter of fact, I've not seen anything that
references the Church as having ever performed such a marriage.

St. Thomas you mentioned, were you referrring to Summa Theologica?
http://www.ccel.org/a/aquinas/summa/home.html