Old August 5th 03, 12:36 PM
Bob Noel

In article , "Jim Fisher"
wrote:

I've got a buddy who has the same model Cherokee 180 I once owned. We've
been going up every now and then and sharing wet costs. He's offered to
put
me on his insurance as long as I'll pay the difference between what he
and
his brother are paying now and whatever it will be when I am named on the
policy.

So what is that cost difference likely to be?

if you both have similar experience, the difference should be zero.

I was once a named insured on a friend's 180, he had 3000+ hours
I only had ~500 hours. We were both IR. The cost difference was
less than $200.

Second question: He doesn't fly much at all. Perhaps one a month or so.
Taking into account that I will be selflessly devoting time to keeping
his
bird well-oiled and used to flying, what's a fair price to pay him per
Hobbs
hour?

Forget the hobbs, pay tach time, say $25/hr or $30/hr, plus fuel.
And help him wash and clean it.

--
Bob Noel