Old June 24th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

Default KAP 140 trouble

"Peter Clark" wrote:

Sounds like the AP computer. Did the code download come up with any
codes?

Don't know.

The shop did hook a laptop up to the KAP140, right?

Yes.

There is no connection between the G1000 and the KAP140 outside of the
GPSS and HDG outputs. Altitude modes are all internal to the KAP140
which is why it's got a static input and you need to enter the
altitude (again) and baro (again) when making changes.

That's what I thought. I don't see how the G1000 could have anything to do
with it.

Is there a blockage in the static line heading towards the KAP140?

Evidently not.

Any other wierd readings on the primary or secondary instruments?

Nope, all fine.

Thanks for your input. I'm looking for help asking questons when I see the
avionics shop guys tomorrow.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM