Old December 1st 03, 04:37 AM
Ed Majden

"Chad Irby"
Not as much as you'd think. Even at close range, you wouldn't
"incinerate" a plane. You'd need a fairly dead-on hit to vaporize even
one. Small nukes have small fireballs. Any Soviet planes hit by one of
these would prettybe blown out of the sky, but the effects would be no
worse than getting shot down in the first place.

Good thing we didn't have to go through a nuclear war to see who is
right! One of our base hospitals had an appropriate sign at the entrance.

"What to do in case of a nuclear attack: Answer: "Stick your head
between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye!"