Old November 13th 09, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dylan Smith[_2_]

Default Grumman AA5 series....facts versus fiction question

On 2009-11-11, pgonzalez52 wrote:
reasonable for the price. Then I inquire about damage and use. NDH,
great. But then came the bombshell. I asked and he said that he sees
around 112-115 KTAS in cruise at a 23-2400ish power settings. My jaw

How high? What fuel burn? Note that wide open throttle at 6000 is not
"full bore", he could have the power pulled back to 55% if he's not
using wide open throttle at higher altitudes.

If it were me, I'd not have killed the deal, I'd have taken it up for
a test flight and compared the book power settings with the book speeds.

I seem to remember a Cheetah getting a better airspeed than that when
truly run at cruise power, although it's been about 3 years since I've
had the opportunity to fly one.