Old November 17th 17, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Best consistent ridge soaring site

I've wondered if there was an actual data to back up the recollections and have never taken the time to look into it. And you're right about marginal/short days. In the case of Ridge Soaring, its remote enough for most pilots that conditions have to be pretty good to justify the trip. Those days have been pretty scarce, at least in my opinion. I'm pretty sure there are many more days that are suitable intro/training flights.