Old October 10th 05, 06:33 PM
George Patterson

Jay Honeck wrote:

1. A small-to-medium hotel on, or adjacent to, an airport.
2. The airport must be very close to the city that it serves. No
"out-in-the-boonies" airports, please.
3. The city must have another attraction that creates hotel business.

Sounds like you want to buy rather than build? There's a motel right next to
Page Field in Fort Myers, Florida. During the winter, nearby Sanibel Island
attracts a lot of vacation traffic. From the outside, the place doesn't have the
ambiance of yours -- more like a "motel 6", but you might be able to do
something about that.

More prosaic is TYS in Knoxville, TN. During the summer, the nearby Smokies
attracts visitors, and the University of Tennessee brings in the college crowd
during the rest of the year. The football situation is worse than Iowa, so you'd
probably be packed in season.

If I were looking to build or create something from a private home, I would
investigate Sevierville, TN. It's closer to the Park and to the tourist traps of
Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.