Old September 3rd 03, 05:43 PM
Ray Andraka

Thanks. Integrity is swapping out my Nav 11 for a Nav 122 that I previously
took out and got repaired on the 15th. I'll ask them about the Loran. I had
previously asked VIP about installing a used Loran, but they didn't seem
interested unless I bought it from them.

Aaron Coolidge wrote:

Ray Andraka wrote:
: Anyone know if I can get a database update for a Foster500
: Loran, and if so where from and how much it costs? I
: wouldn't bother except my autopilot is connected to it, and

Ray, a friend of mine had the same issues, and he ended up getting a used
Apollo Loran. I don't know which one. It's much easier to use than the
Foster unit. Switching out a Loran is a piece of cake. The radio shop at
KWST did it for about $100. His total cost was about $200.

As an aside, I think Integrity @ WST has a few Foster lorans of various
types. Perhaps he's got one with newer mods or database.

--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.