Old July 12th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jerome

Default Skydivers vs. Gliders?

a écrit:
This can be done safely and effectively provided, of course, that the
jump operations and glider pilots in the area are on the same frequency
and communicate diligently.

A jump operation coexisted with Estrella for some time but that was
long before I gave up skydiving and took my first gliding lesson there.
I never heard of any associated problems.

There is at least one airport in southern France that hosts (or did
host) major skydiving and soaring operations. There was a fatal
incident some time ago when a skydiver in freefall hit a glider,
directly over the airport.

~ted/2NO

I suppose you are writing about the Gap airfield. A reserved airspace
exists there for parachutists. Alas, some foreign pilots, although duly
warned in preflight briefing, penetrate it!
If you read french, look at:
http://planeur.phpnet.org/ivb//index...ic=4394&hl=gap

You can look at this too: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/indasky/03.jpg