Old May 23rd 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting
virtuPIC

Default VLA outside U.S.?

I presume you mean "LSA," since there's no US "VLA" certification category.

ummm - sorry about the confusion, you are right. I meant LSA (Light
Sport Aircraft). Seems that I am dreaming of a VLJ or so... ;-)

I think as long as it is N-numbered, reciprocity agreements will allow it to be
flown in most countries. After all, the US LSA rules are similar to the
European JAR certification.

Well, have a look at Flight Design's CTSW. They offer a US version
(MTOW 1,320 lb) and a European version (MTOW 1,040 lb +/- conversion
error). Why that? Different rules? Or just too much hassle to get JAR
LSA certification? What if I want to fly the American version? Or a
Zenair CH601 certified as LSA according to FAR?

virtuPIC
--
Airspace V - international hangar flying
http://www.airspace-v.com