Old June 26th 19, 05:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASW 20 Gear well full of dirt - Any improvements?

Landed out in a very soft dirt field during the Region 8 contest, and had so much dirt in my gear well and glider, that I spent the next 3 hours that evening vacuming and blowing it out. Still don't have it all out.

The -19 and -20 gliders don't have the fully sealed gear box that the newer ships have. Has anyone made any modifications to your ship to reduce the amount of dirt that gets scooped up, and minimize the nooks and crannies that it can get into? Thereby making it much easier and quicker to clean up and get flying the next day?

Thanks,
-Kevin
2B