Old August 9th 03, 04:17 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article , jeff wrote:

St George is nice, good restaurant on the field, I fly there every now and
then,
day and night flights. My plane is at the north las vegas airport (VGT) Make
sure you keep your eyes open around there tho, alot of people there dont seem
like to announce they are landing. Had one guy almost land on me one day,
called
I was taking the runway, looked started moving, my wife yelled stop....there
was
a guy on very short finale. after he got on the ground, he landed way way
long,
used the entire runway by the looks of it, the runways has a small hill so
you
cant see the end from the other end, called him 3 times to see if he was
alive,
he finally answered and said he was taxing clear. dumbass.

LAS is good about letting you into their airspace, if you come in from around
henderson, they will steer you over the numbers of the 25L/R runways, great
if
you want a view of the strip, there is also a VFR transition route called red
rock one arrival (think its RR 1 arrival and departure, they go each way and
is
on the LAS terminal map), but I prefer to fly over the LAS airport. Good
restaurant at the VGT airport, VGT is a nice airport

Jeff
Turbo Arrow III

Casey Wilson wrote:

Any hints or tips on flying into KSGU? I have the route planned from KEDW
-
DAG - LAS - MMM - KSGU. How about FBOs, fees, etc.?

Casey

It is always a good idea to do a 360 clearing turn before you take the
runway at uncontrolled airports -- something I had drilled into me more
than 40 years ago.

I have had dumasses pull out in front of me while I was on short final.
One time an Apache took the runway when I was #3 in a flight of 3 (#1
and #2 had just landed). The fool had left his flaps down and was trying
to close the door on his takeoff roll. I called and asked what he was
doing. Reply: "I'm taking off."

--
To get random signatures put text files into a folder called "Random Signatures" into your Preferences folder.