Old December 23rd 03, 07:53 AM
Dolby

"Quilljar" wrote in message ...
When that sort of message has come up for me ISTR that I just ignored it and
carried on, it loaded because the message is obviously rubbish; DirectX 9 is
produced by Microsoft to work with its own OS...

When I proceeded with the installation of Direct X, by ignoring the message,
the installation continued, however, I got another message. This message
stated "Direct X Failed to load all the needed files and will not function
properly." Guess what? It was right it would not work. When I attempted
to start the game, I got yet another message, this one from FS04. "Flight
simulator 2004 can not run because the version of Direct X installed is
incompatible. Please install Direct X 9.0 from disc 1 or download a copy
from microsoft's website." Well I tried this, I spent 30 minutes downloading
a copy from microsoft, and when I attempted to load it, I got the same
message as before, "Direct X failed to load ......." Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
This silly thing is driving me nuts!!! lol

I'm open to any ideas. I eagerly await any suggestions.

Thanks, Dolby

---